Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What do I know about fashion?



This is something I've been asking myself a lot lately. It's strange. I can't seem to come up with an answer that seems right. I love it. But, doesn't everyone? Don't we all dress our barbies as children and dream of one day picking and choosing our clothes as we please.

But, I feel something deeper when I see clothes. It's like I'm on an eternal search for 'the' greatest items. Sometimes I have an idea in my mind, sometimes I don't. But more I love putting looks together for friends. Giving people advice on items they need to get in their wardrobe immediately. Not trend items but things more suited to their own style. I can attest that out of my 8 close girlfriends there are at least 4 of them I would never let get a boyfriend jacket which for the other is a key item this season. I am aware a lot of this is basic stuff.

I'm working on harnessing my ideas, concepts, the things I have twirling around in my head. I think a lot of it has to do with confidence and that I really haven't put myself out there. I haven't made my ideas heard. Well no more!! Next year is my year, I can feel it.

Working on the inner to present a better outer. OK, I never said I was good with words. I better stop before I become more of a cliche.

Oh! One more thing. I was watching a show about people that have shopping problems. This episode was about a young English girl. While I can't say I understood her need for form fitting white dresses and glitter heels accessorized with monogram bags. I do have an insatiable appetite when it comes to purchasing items for my wardrobe.

Apparently it stems from a lack of creative output and frustration, therefor we shop! God bless TV for giving me the excuses I need to deny my addictions.


No comments:

Post a Comment